Now you have a lifeline. Get a copy of Becoming Jewish - The Challenges, Rewards, and Paths to Conversion by Rabbi Steven Carr Reuben and Jennifer Hanin.
In it, you’ll find valuable resources for your journey to Judaism. But if you’re looking for a dry read, this isn’t it. Instead, the authors wow you with a witty, modern-day take on conversion, with tips, insight and stories from fellow converts. Some will move you, others will make you laugh. But all will inspire you.
“In a world filled with spiritual seekers, Becoming Jewish is an easy-going, accessible and warm hearted guide that offers insider tips while giving converts a license to laugh along the way. The authors’ witty approach helps converts synthesize a religion shrouded in secrecy with expressions, gestures, practices, customs, rituals and a language that dates back over 4,000 years.”
—Matt Miller, author of The Tyranny of Dead Ideas; host of NPR’s Left, Right and Center
Visit the book’s official site to see other reviews
In What to Do When You Can’t Get Pregnant, world-renowned fertility expert Dr. Daniel A. Potter and Jennifer S. Hanin, both fertility patients themselves, offer a step-by-step guide to the intricate process of having a baby using the latest in reproductive technologies. They share insider information on all the important issues and offer essential advice to help you:
- Find a fertility doctor and ensure he’s a good match
- Understand every available procedure and choose the one that best suits you
- Adopt a healthy ‘fertile’ lifestyle to increase your chances of conception
- Decide if gender selection technologies such as preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) and MicroSort®benefit you
- Stay up-to-date on the latest advances in reproductive medicine, including in vitro fertilization (IVF) and extreme procedures like cytoplasmic transfer and ovarian tissue transplant
- Recognize when it may be time to consider egg or sperm donation, surrogacy, adoption, or other alternatives, and much more.
Complete with stories from couples who have traveled this path and smart advice on handling emotional issues caused by the frustrations of infertility, What To Do When You Can’t Get Pregnant is the only guide you will ever need to navigate the complicated maze of technology and science leading to parenthood and make informed choices about your treatment, family, and future. Jennifer’s book is slated for a 2013 revision.
Newsweek July 4, 2005 “Going Straight For IVF” by Raina Kelley [print only]
“What to Do When You Can’t Get Pregnant” is the ONLY book mentioned
Da Capo Press, 2005
Visit the official site to see other reviews
Jennifer is hard at work on a third title, which affects everyone breathing (and many who are no longer with us). Stay tuned!